I feel I’ve been moaning a lot recently. Let me take a moment to bore you with my perky optimism while I count my blessings.
- My wage is “105% of the United Kingdom average and 216% of the world average. These figures are in PPP$ (Purchasing Power Parity dollars).” That strikes me as incredibly fortunate. Check yours here. (Thanks @polkadotskirts for reminding me of this.) Although they don’t count how much I lose in pension payments now – oops not moaning!
- I quite like my job. Some people spend a long time looking for the thing that gives their life meaning. I’m very thankful to have found my ecological niche. Others might find my work-related tunnel vision a bit sad, as if I have nothing else in my life, but it’s none of their business really because I’m rather happy with the way things are.
- My humble abode is shaping up nicely, it’s a place I like to be. My little home. Unrecognisable to anyone who knew it before. Shame about the garden – that’s on the To Do list!
- My friends and dear ones are ever so nice to me. I’m never made to feel as if I don’t belong anymore. Belonging is a new thing. I quite likes it.
- The weather is rather top-notch at the moment.
- Randall Monroe continues to read my mind. It’s a good feeling.
Don’t take this as gloating. We all have a lot to be thankful for. E.g.:
7. I don’t have a baby in intensive care.
8. I don’t live in Syria.
Count your blessings today. Then we can all go back to moaning tomorrow, we loves a bit of it. The only logical conclusion – after all, the points speak for themselves and what other evidence do we need? – seems to be that when you make the effort with things and with people, everything’s rosy (apart from 6 & 7 which are more heavily influenced by chance). Who knew!
FitnePs will be skewed as I’ve been counting the exercise but not the shameful overindulgence associated with complacency. Reset to 0.
FamPs for spending the day with one of them and having a proper chat, which was both informative and enjoyable (finding out you both see your family in pretty much the same way i.e. not one): +1
Total so far…
- Karma: +20
- FRP: +172.6
- Relationships: +4
- Family: +10
- Friends: +13 [Supplementary PPs: +2]
- Career: +19
- Fitness: 0
- General: +7
- Hospitality: +1